The town of Westborough was incorporated in 1717 and construction on the town's first meeting house completed in 1722. The Church of Christ was gathered in 1724 with Ebenezer Parkman as its minister. During the First Great Awakening, both George Whitefield and Johnathan Edwards preached at the Church of Christ. Construction began on a second meeting house in 1748, and the first service held there was in 1749. In 1825 the church reformed as the First Congregational Society. It continues today as the Congregational Church of Westborough.
The digital collection below consists of a single church record book dating from 1724-1787.
Materials in this collection have been digitized in partnership with the Westborough Public Library and have been made available through our New England's Hidden Histories project.